Friday, December 28, 2012

New Year Resolutions

we'll say goodbye to 2012, and hello to 2013 real soon.

How was my 2012?

I would say it is rather good.

For starters, the world didn't end on 21.12.2012. So that's great news right? LOL

And best of all, Tomato arrived in our lives. ^_^

Brother settled down in July and was really happy for him.

Relationships with friends and family got better and better. Even went on a short trip to Singapore with RedSponge and Oren.  But they are some friends that I didn't have much chance to meet due to my new commitment (Tomato) like 33 and I do miss her so.

Work remain the same. Sucks. But one of my new year resolution might change this.

Ok, here are my 2013 new year resolutions.

1. Lose some weight. To be specific, I wish to drop 3-4kg more.  Hopes better diet and more exercise can do this. Which leads me to...

2. Exercise more. I miss yoga. And I can feel my body is not as fit as before. It has gotten sluggish. And I get tired really easily, even more with the arrival of Tomato. Office work + House Work. I barely have time for myself. So what I have been thinking is, if I can be fitter, I might be more alert and less sluggish and thus have enough energy left to do something else.

3. BE POSITIVE & PERSEVERE.This is something I have been stubborn-ly denying and avoiding for years. I have this problem that I know exists but denied its existence..ROFL . I give up easily. So now I decided to embrace it and face it, and also IMPROVE.  My dad calls it "hangat-hangat tahi ayam" (don't know why dad like to speak malay so much) and Oink say its 三分钟热度。 I always have ideas/ dreams/ projects. Small ones or doing it for someone I love, I always accomplished . But the bigger and more complicated ones (especially for self), I tend to give it up half way or before I even started when I realise how much effort needed and the obstacles I need to overcome. I blame it on my piano teacher. One of her comment has been shadowing me for many many years. When I was around 11, she said why you can never play a perfect piece? That haunted me. WHAT IF whatever I do, I can never do it perfectly?? What's the point then? This has haunt me for many years and effected the way I think. But I decided to save myself. Now that I have Tomato, I must be a good example to her. SEE? Her arrival is a good thing. She made me want to be better.^.^ I decided to think more positively and try harder no matter how complicated it may be.

4. Be more patient. Believe it or not, my temper was non-existent while I was pregnant. So I think its the hormone. I'll blame the hormone for all the temper 'x'

5. Learn something new. Haven't decided what will it be 'x'

6. Dare to be myself and not what people want me to be.

7. Go some place new.

8. Manage time better.





No comments: