Wednesday, March 06, 2013
So I was praying and hoping that she will be a good girl while I am driving her to the nanny.
She was surprisingly quiet. I didn't turn back to check on her as I was driving. As long as she's not shouting and fussing then it should be ok.
I wanted to stop by my parent's place for a while, and as we were nearly there, she started to whine. Still, I didn't turn back. I concentrated on driving. Attempt to soothe her by talking to her.
When we finally arrived. I stopped the engine and turned back to look at her. She was covered with white stuff. And as I look harder. They are pieces of torn tissue papers.-___________________-. She must have got her hand on the pack of tissue paper I left behind. Pulled out the tissues from the packet, tore it up to pieces and I believed she also ate some. -_________________-
So THAT'S why she's so quiet. She was UP TO SOMETHING. And she whined after she got BORED with it. :D
She's so cute, I love this little miss naughty so much.
Monday, January 28, 2013
Time : Around 2.30 pm (On the way to customer's site)
Location : According to the google map I was shown at the police station, its somewhere at Jalan Abdul Rahman, just before the roundabout.
Weather & Traffic condition : Jam at the city, and fairly smooth traffic after the toll. And it was raining non-stop.
And the million-dollar-question-of-the-day is HOW DID IT HAPPEN? I think I've been asked about this like a million times 'x' Until I am quite fed up, I put up on my gtalk status that I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ANY MORE. But then why do I blog it now?
Yes I want to forget the horrible incident, but would also want to remember it so as a reminder to drive safe. I want to learn from the incident so that it will NEVER happen again. I want to face it, learn from it then move on with life. All in all, I am VERY THANKFUL to god that I am still alive and be able to go home to my dear family. I hugged my Tomato hard and tight when I saw her.
Ok, back to the story. How did it happen? I have been playing it many times in my head. I am almost at where I am suppose to be. It was still raining, and I was driving in the right (fast) lane. And there's huge trees lined up in the divider. So technically speaking, I was driving in the right lane, under the trees while its raining.
I guess from quite far I can see a while Toyota in front of me already. So when I got a bit nearer, I started to break, but the car didn't stop, it felt like I had stepped on a banana peel. And it happen so fast, before I know it, I am ramming into the Toyota's back. And my chest hit the steering wheel :( It was so painful, I thought I am hurt seriously somewhere. But luckily I didn't.
Immediately I called Oink. The driver, a malay came up after some time and asked me why I knocked his car 'x'
I didn't really look at what model of Toyota he was driving but I was later told its a Toyota Mark X. That explains a lot cos after a while, a big gold Rolls Royce/ Or was it Jaguar? (I am not very into cars) came to pick up the young son away. I felt terribly guilty to see the kid, OMG! luckily he was ok because he put on seat belt! I kept apologising to the driver and his pretty wife and kept asking how is the kid. Thank god they are friendly, nice, civilised people who didn't scold/ yell at me. They say if I knocked into a Chinese's car, sure kenak tiam tiam 'x'. Frankly speaking, the guilt I felt outweighed the pain I felt. :(
I learned a lot through the horrifying experience. I learned from own account that LIFE IS SHORT. LIFE IS PRECIOUS. Because life is short, I am thinking of doing some major decisions in my life which I haven't really decided yet. Because life is short, I show my appreciation towards my family more.
And I learned the importance of SEAT BELT. All of us, me and the people in the car I knocked into had their seat belts on. I don't know what will I do if something happened to that kid in the car. I don't want to think about it.
Now that this is out of my chest, I would like to take this opportunity to also remind all of you to drive SAFE especially during the monsoon season. Better be SAFE and SLOW than SORRY. And! Don't forget those seat belts. Wear them once you get into your car even if you are only driving to nearby shops.
Ok, before I stop, HAPPY CNY EVERYONE! And please drive safely during this festive season.
Friday, December 28, 2012
How was my 2012?
I would say it is rather good.
For starters, the world didn't end on 21.12.2012. So that's great news right? LOL
And best of all, Tomato arrived in our lives. ^_^
Brother settled down in July and was really happy for him.
Relationships with friends and family got better and better. Even went on a short trip to Singapore with RedSponge and Oren. But they are some friends that I didn't have much chance to meet due to my new commitment (Tomato) like 33 and I do miss her so.
Work remain the same. Sucks. But one of my new year resolution might change this.
Ok, here are my 2013 new year resolutions.
1. Lose some weight. To be specific, I wish to drop 3-4kg more. Hopes better diet and more exercise can do this. Which leads me to...
2. Exercise more. I miss yoga. And I can feel my body is not as fit as before. It has gotten sluggish. And I get tired really easily, even more with the arrival of Tomato. Office work + House Work. I barely have time for myself. So what I have been thinking is, if I can be fitter, I might be more alert and less sluggish and thus have enough energy left to do something else.
3. BE POSITIVE & PERSEVERE.This is something I have been stubborn-ly denying and avoiding for years. I have this problem that I know exists but denied its existence..ROFL . I give up easily. So now I decided to embrace it and face it, and also IMPROVE. My dad calls it "hangat-hangat tahi ayam" (don't know why dad like to speak malay so much) and Oink say its 三分钟热度。 I always have ideas/ dreams/ projects. Small ones or doing it for someone I love, I always accomplished . But the bigger and more complicated ones (especially for self), I tend to give it up half way or before I even started when I realise how much effort needed and the obstacles I need to overcome. I blame it on my piano teacher. One of her comment has been shadowing me for many many years. When I was around 11, she said why you can never play a perfect piece? That haunted me. WHAT IF whatever I do, I can never do it perfectly?? What's the point then? This has haunt me for many years and effected the way I think. But I decided to save myself. Now that I have Tomato, I must be a good example to her. SEE? Her arrival is a good thing. She made me want to be better.^.^ I decided to think more positively and try harder no matter how complicated it may be.
4. Be more patient. Believe it or not, my temper was non-existent while I was pregnant. So I think its the hormone. I'll blame the hormone for all the temper 'x'
5. Learn something new. Haven't decided what will it be 'x'
6. Dare to be myself and not what people want me to be.
7. Go some place new.
8. Manage time better.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Weight : 6.5kg Height :? Milk Intake : 3.5 oz every 3 hours
5 mths old
Weight : 6.8kg Height :? Milk Intake :4oz every 3 hours
6 mths old
Weight : 7.3kg
Milk Intake :4oz every 3 hours
Solid food intake : started on 24 November 2012 (a few days before she reached her 6 mth's milestone)
- Her first solid food was Heinz Rice cereal. Showed great interest in the food. Although it tasted really bland to me, she accepted it well. But got bored of it after a while and cried for milk. She started her solid 2 days before she reached 6 mths old. And she got fever the very next day -_____- which lasted about 5 hours. Her temperature went down as soon as she vomited out her fever medication -______________-
- Very curious and playful.
- Smile at people quite easily.
- Last drink is usually around 10.30-11 pm. Then wakes up next morning around 5.30 am-6.30 am crying for milk.
Friday, December 07, 2012
I bought my tix to Kl (I always shop here) while i was still pregnant during aa sales.Many mths later,tomato was born. And when its getting near to the date,i get nervous.How shall I leave my precious bb behind.I read up tons on separation anxiety. I asked ppl's opinions. But all those didn't really make me feel better.
So here I am.Sleepless.Since 4 am. I thought I can sleep more while away from her.But that obviously didn't happen. Million thoughts pass through my mind. Million worries too. what if tomato got sick while I am away? What if she forgot about me? What if she felt betrayed by me for leaving her? What if people forget to feed her?What if x1584584667470.I can go on and on.
I felt really numb while in flight. All i can think about is I am getting further and further away from her. It really felt that I left my heart behind.So this is what it feels like to be a mother.
I know i shouldn't be worrying too much.Tomato are in good hands. My parents and my in laws are taking turns to take care of her when she's not at the nanny's,while we are away.
I tried reading bimbo blogs to boost my shopping mood(lol!). Sigh. It didnt really work. Somehow I associated the contents with Tomato. Oh my dear God,I miss her so much!!Even her cranky-ness. I foresee that this shopping trip will have more loot for Tomato rather for myself.
I am now waiting for 7am so that I can videocall home.
Sunday, December 02, 2012
The half day kids are all girls. And lets call them Big Piggy, Little Piggy, and Miss Notty.
Big Piggy is the eldest, and the most talkative. She has short hair. Loves to eat so she is quite big in size but surprisingly very agile and flexible when come to dancing.
Little Piggy is the most quiet. And she always repeat what others is saying. Also the thinnest.
Miss Notty is youngest of the half day kids. Very mischievous and naughty. Likes to pull pranks and so far, cries and yells the most.
There's another little boy who goes to the nanny full day. Lets call him Ah Boy.
Now, the half day kids especially Big Piggy always say the darn-est things that makes you go LOL.
Big Piggy pulls Little Piggy over and say "Aunty, who do think is thinner??" and proceeded sucking in her big tummy. LOL! I didn't know how to answer her. Fearing I would hurt her feelings if I am honest. I just hehehe. But the nanny said, "So obvious its Little Piggy who is thinner!" Refuse to lose, she said " But I am taller!"
I was handing over Tomato to nanny and we chatted a while at the car porch. We talked about religion. And Big Piggy and Miss Notty was there kepoh-ing. Big Piggy said , "Aunty...Miss Notty is Ah Men. I am Omitofut" LOL!
I sometime wear dress to work. But I notice the other mothers don't wear as fancy as me. So one day, while waiting for Tomato to get her diaper changed. I sat down on the sofa, and Big Piggy approached me. She asked, "Aunty, why you wear this cloth to work?" (I was wearing a grey dress with V neck line, with a white tube inside) Before I could answer her, she cupped her right hand and whispered, "Aunty..I tell you hor..My mama got a sexy dress that she wear to sleep" LOL!
Big Piggy : "Aunty, why Tomato is sooooo fair?"
Nanny : "That's because her mama is fair ma.."
Big Piggy : "Aunty, I have smooth skin, do you have smooth skin?" (went and touched my skin under my neck)
Nanny : "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Don't be so CHI GO PEK OK??"
Big Piggy : "Aunty, Ah Boy is not smooth" *POUT LIPS*