Thursday, September 17, 2009

Frienz N Family

What do people first think of when Jalan Song is mentioned? Yes, its the FOOD. Every night, Jalan Song comes alive. We have almost everything here, spoilt with choices. From street food, to korean, to Pizza Hut and (not long ago) Starbucks.

I think its both lucky and unlucky for us to live in this area. It depends. When I'm lazy to cook, we can always walk for food. But its hard for us to resist the temptation when food is so easily accessible.SIGH, expanding waistline..

Anyway, from time to time, I shall share about what we tried here. The good and the bad. What we love, what we loathe. :)

And for today, its Frienz N Family Semi Fine Dining Restaurant.



The signboard sure caught our attention.



The walls are painted in shades of pink. I think Pink Cotton and Red Sponge will like this place. The dimmed lights made some wall appear red.

Now, we went to this place twice. The first time was like 2 wks ago.

1st visit:



Mushroom soup. VERY TASTY and FLAVORFUL. I forgot the price. I think its about RM5.90. I enjoyed it very much. But don't really like it when I found bay leaves in the soup. In my opinion, I think it should be removed.

























I ordered pasta for myself. I forgot the name, I think its Carbonara. Presentation is good, but its not one of the best Pasta I have ever eaten. Its creamy, but the taste is quite bland. I won't order it again. Price should be around Rm12.90.



Oink ordered Lamb Chop for himself. I think the presentation of the dish is very nicely done. The taste? yummy! I definitely like this dish more than my pasta. Price should be between RM13 - Rm14.90.

2nd visit:
























Our drinks! Oink had Teh Tarik and I had Watermelon juice (RM4.80)



Oink ordered Lamb Stew. DELICIOUS! RM 16.90.



I ordered JohnDory Grilled Fish. YUMMY! But its a bit cold. May be because of the aircon. RM12.90.

Overall, Frienz N Family is a good place to dine. The price is reasonable. Most of the food I tried is good (except for the pasta). I will definitely go there again. :)

4 comments:

Winn said...

i spot mushroom soup! HOORAY!

13th Panda said...

OH! you like it too?! HOORAY!

Laura Hii said...

sigh,...dont have enough time to visit jalan song makan-makan T_T

13th Panda said...

U should come back longer..AHAHHA