Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Melbourne : Queen Victoria Market

After Hobart, then Sydney, we are back to Melbourne. And our free and easy days commences. LOL! Well, you see, we are here for a wedding, and everyone is busy preparing for the wedding. And uncle's house is quite far from the city center( I can't remember the address 'x', but I remember it being really near to the airport).

but lucky for us, another aunty is coming down to pick up his sis from the airport, so we tumpang her car down to QVM.

Its much like our Kuching's Sunday Market, but is much more organised, with sections selling different categories of goods. But less crowded as it was a weekday. We picked up most of our souvenirs here. I bought shirts for the kids and my parents for 5 AUD each, only to find another stall selling for 4 AUD each #facepalm :/.  I love how they have a section selling organic fresh produce. LOVE IT!

Got lost while trying to find the food court. After walking around a bit, we manage to find it! Finally!  I got tired of fried food, but apparently Oink don't 'x'. Manage to find a Malaysian food stall and got Tomato porridge, which I thought was too salty and I suspect there's msg :( Oh well..And I had mediterranean potato salad.

After lunch, we walked a bit around the fresh vege and fruit section and got some pumpkin, sweet potato, a big bundle of fresh grapes for only 3AUD! and also a small box of strawberries for 2AUD! CHEAP! And all the sellers was super polite.:)

SWEET SWEET strawberries, this is when Tomato starts loving to eat strawberries.

We wandered around until around 3pm when they start closing and decided to leave. But how?ROFL!

We then found out we need to take the tram till the last stop towards the airport, and in order to do that, we got to have MyKi card, you can't purchase single tickets : /. So we walked around trying to find a shop selling the card and manage to find one.  And its about an hour ride back to the last stop, in which Tomato slept through. When we reached, it was sooo windy and cold, and Tomato was still sleeping, we decided to go to Westfield Airport West for some shopping. When we are there, only I shopped, Oink instead babysat Tomato at one corner. HAHAHAHA. But I end up didn't get much. Now another problem, how to go back? No one is at home because they all went up to another uncle's house for the preparation. My wise husband luckily had copied down the address of the house before we left this morning.

We walked to the taxi stand, and waited. And waited. And waited. WTH. Where's the damn taxi?! There's a young mother with her tiny baby and a shopping trolley full of groceries also waiting. And she told us she has waited for 3 hours. My God! This cannot do. I told my husband lets go back to the tram station. I bet we'll have better luck there. And what do you know, we manage to catch a taxi in less than 5 mins. I gave myself a pat at the back for being wise 'x'!! Worth braving the cold wind for it. While inside the the taxi, i told him about the young mother and his tiny baby still waiting at the taxi stand and tried to make him go back to pick her, but he seem reluctant. I really hoped he did. Poor baby, its cold and they have been waiting for 3 hours.

For dinner, we cooked instant noodle, and it devoured it, it seem like ages since we last had instant noodle and it was oh so good. LOL. Of course tomato didn't eat the instant noodle, she had porridge and mashed up pumpkin. We then had the sweet strawberries.

No comments: