Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cameron Day 2

On the second day, we did the touristry stuff. Joined a local tour for a day trip. Booked 'em at our hotel.



Our breakfast at the hotel. I really love eating outside, close to nature, in the cool cool weather. No flies, just nice food, nice view and cool air. AHHH.. and of course with good company too.;-)

The tour van came at 9am for us.

Our first destination : The Tea Plantation


The view is breathtaking. When we were there, there's lots of other tourists too. Our guide told us the tea plants are well over 80 yrs old, older than most of us, and demonstrated by lying on the plants and how the plants supported his weight.

Then Oink decided to try for himself.


90+kg man turn turtle 'x'!! He had to take off the bag to get up. 'x'

Next : Mossy Jungle



This is not tarzan, he's our guide. Its really cool here, I like it so much.

So much, that I am going to put my photo here 'x'

Hi! 'x'

Next : Some tower


The guide told us, people here use this tower to gaze at the sunrise. Unfortunately I am not so much of a sunrise person (can't wake up so early), I am more of a sunset person. They look same to me! 'x' I know... I am not a romantic person.


Next, back to Boh Tea Plantation for some tea. :-)





Trying to sip my tea like an english lady with my pinky raised, but I simply can't do it. The cup is too heavy. Or is it the way I hold the cup wrong?

The correct way after I google is:

"Tea cups with a handle are held by placing one’s fingers to the front and back of the handle with one’s pinkie up again allows balance. Pinkie up does mean straight up in the air, but slightly tilted. It is not an affectation, but a graceful way to avoid spills. Never loop your fingers through the handle, nor grasp the vessel bowl with the palm of your hand."

Ok, maybe the cup is both too heavy AND I hold it wrong :-p

Then we went back to Brichang town for lunch break. Oink claimed he had the best mee goreng mamak ever at Brinchang, After lunch, we were brought to the crysanthenum farm, veggie farms, cactus farm and strawberries farms. So the afternoon for us is like an agro tour. :-p



Wall paper worth eh?



We didn't pluck any of the strawberries, we just buy those packed ones. Really cheap. Rm20 for 3 boxes. We had these desserts at one of the strawberry farms. After all these sour strawberries, I think we've developed a new kind of phobia. Fragariaphobia!


Our tour package includes steambot meal for dinner. Did I mention I bought the sweetest corn ever at Cameron? SO SWEET I TELL YOU, I had it cut up and put into the steambot. YUMS. Notice the strawberries? I didn't want to touch it #fragariaphobia

Oink just chew on two of it, as he thinks its a waste of food if we don't eat them.

It was around 8pm when we finished dinner. We were sent back to our hotel. And that's all for the day.



No comments: